• ensuring systems run in accordance with the user needs
• writing and maintaining programme code to meet system requirements
• designing and recommending technical specifications in accordance with quality standards.
Skills required to be an Developer Programmer
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Good communication
- Ability to work well within a team
- Logical thinking and problem solving
Formal qualification may not be required for entry level roles but could be well-regarded by employers.
Relevant qualifications may include a bachelor degree in an ICT field such as computer science or information technology. Alternatively, a VET qualification such as a Diploma of Information Technology or an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology can potentially be suitable for entry-level roles